You can temporarily disable Call Waiting for one phone call. It will automatically start back up again after you hang up.
Anyone trying to reach you when Call Waiting is turned off will be connected to your voicemail or hear a busy signal.
To turn off Call Waiting before you start a call:
- Listen for the dial tone, then press *70.
- Listen for three short tones, then the normal dial tone.
- Dial the number.
To turn off Call Waiting during a call:
- Press thee FLASH key or press and release the hang-up switch to put your call on hold.
- Listen for three brief tones, then the normal dial tone. Press *70.
- Press the FLASH button or press and release the hang-up switch again to continue your original call.
Note: In some areas, you can only turn off Call Waiting before placing a call. If you try to do so during a call, you may hear a rapid busy signal.