If you're in the middle of an important call and don't want to be interrupted by Call Waiting, you can temporarily disable the feature. It will automatically start back up again after you hang up.
Anyone trying to reach you when Call Waiting is disabled will be connected to your voicemail or hear a busy signal.
To turn off Call Waiting before you start a call:
- Listen for the dial tone, then press *70.
- Listen for three short tones, then the normal dial tone.
- Dial the number of the person you want to reach.
To turn off Call Waiting during a call:
- Press and release the hang-up switch (or FLASH key) to put your call on hold.
- Listen for three brief tones, then the normal dial tone. Press *70.
- Press and release the hang-up switch (or FLASH key) again to continue your original call.
Note: In some areas, you can only turn off Call Waiting before placing a call. If you try to do so during a call, you may hear a rapid busy signal.