We no longer support this browser. For an optimal experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Please find your Zip code here
Some customers with a CenturyLink Zyxel or Actiontec modem are seeing a “Weak Security” message when they connect an iPhone or Apple iOS device to their WiFi. Here’s how to increase your security.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
The first 4 steps are the same for both Actiontec and Zyxel modems. For steps 5-7, see the instructions for your particular modem: Actiontec or Zyxel.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password.
Find the Admin Username & Password on the modem sticker
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
4. Select "Wireless Setup"
5. Select "Wireless Security" from the menu on the left
6. Select “WPA2 - Personal” from the Security Type dropdown. Some older models may not have WPA2 as an option; if not, select "WPA - Personal" instead.
7. Select "Apply" to save your changes. You’ve upgraded your security and should no longer see a warning.
5. The "Basic Wireless Setup" screen should appear
View all WiFi topics
Expand your CenturyLink internet service with top WiFi performance accessories from our partners, including WiFi range extenders, smart power strips and more.
Internet Speed Test
Troubleshooter & Outage Check
Where's My Technician?
Service Appointment Manager
Manage My Services
Find Available Services
Was this page helpful?
CenturyLink Services Support
Residential | Small Business | Enterprise
©2021 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved. third party marks are the property of their respective owners.