1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
3. Log in to the modem's online user interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the modem's sticker. Note that these are different from your wireless SSID and security key.
4. Select "Advanced Setup."
5. Select "WAN Settings" in the left sidebar. Select the ISP protocol from the dropdown, or choose "Auto Select."
6. Select "Enable" for the 6rd State and enter the IP addressing values.
7. Select "Apply" to save your changes.
8. Next, select "LAN Subnets" in the LAN Settings section of the menu.
9. Scroll down and select "Add IPv6" or "Edit IPv6" (varies by model).
11. Select "Add" or "Apply" to save your changes.