Activating the IPv6 firewall in your modem's advanced settings is optional. When the firewall is activated, security on your network is enhanced, but some network functionality will be lost.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "IPv6 Firewall" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to set up the IPv6 firewall.
Step 1: Enable/Disable stealth mode. Do not enable stealth mode unless you fully understand the impact.
Step 2: Enable the firewall.
Step 3: Choose to allow/block incoming and outgoing traffic on the network.
Step 4: Click "Apply" to save your changes.
About "Stealth Mode": Stealth mode prevents the router from responding to probing requests. The router will still answer incoming requests for authorized apps. Unexpected requests, such as ICMP (ping) are ignored. Do not enable Stealth Mode unless you understand the technical impacts.