Network Address Translation (NAT) is an advanced networking setting that most people do not use. We advise you not to disable NAT unless instructed to do so by a qualified technician, as it could open your broadband modem to outside intrusion and create a security risk.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "NAT" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the NAT settings.
NOTE: CenturyLink recommends that you keep NAT enabled. Changes to this feature will reset some of the other settings on the modem. Do not proceed without understanding the technical impacts of using this feature.
Was this page helpful?