Quality of Service (QoS) allows you to prioritize certain devices or certain types of internet traffic (such as VoIP or video). This can improve performance for certain applications when bandwidth is tight, and prevent your network from becoming overloaded.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "QoS" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the QoS settings. Depending on your modem, you may see slight differences in how the options appear. Users of the C4000 series modems, follow the instructions at the bottom of this page.
6. If you have a Greenwave or a Zyxel C4000 series modem, QoS will be enabled automatically when you create and apply at least one priority rule. To set QoS, follow the steps below.
Was this page helpful?