Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) is a communication standard used in VolP (Voice over IP) networks. SIP ALG refers to a gateway tool that enables or disables the modem to pass SIP sessions to the local area network (LAN).
NOTE: Depending on your modem, your settings interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "SIP ALG" in the left sidebar.
6. Enable/Disable SIP ALG, and click "Apply" to save your changes. You can also view the full SIP ALG Session List at the bottom.
Was this page helpful?