Website blocking allows you to stop a device connected to your network from accessing specific websites of your choice.
On modems that have Secure WiFi, some advanced features in the modem settings will be disabled, including:
Instead, you can easily access these same network controls through My CenturyLink or the app. Secure WiFi is available on leased modems with model numbers 1100, 3000 and 4000. Review our FAQs to learn more.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Website Blocking" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Website Blocking settings.
Was this page helpful?