Website blocking allows you to stop a device connected to your network from accessing specific websites of your choice.
Some modems use Secure WiFi to control this option
If you lease a C4000, C3000, or C1100, you can manage some features through our app as part of Secure WiFi. For those modem types, these options WILL NOT APPEAR in the modem settings: access scheduler, service blocking, and website blocking.
1. Connect a device to your network over WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem. This works best on a tablet or computer.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Sign in to the modem settings (GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password, printed on the sticker.
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
CAUTION!Do not remove your modem sticker. It includes your default Admin Username and Admin Password, which cannot be retrieved if lost. Your modem could become unusable without them.
4. Select Advanced Setup in the main menu.
5. Select Website Blocking in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Website Blocking settings.
Step 1: Select the device you want to schedule from the dropdown list, or manually enter the device's IP address.
Step 2: Enter the website(s) you want to block. You can add multiple sites, one at a time, and they will appear on the "Blocked Website List" at the bottom. You can also click to "Remove" a blocked site from the list.
Step 3: When you're finished adding or removing websites, click "Apply" to save your changes.