Website blocking allows you to stop a device connected to your network from accessing specific websites of your choice.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
The modem sticker shows you TWO important sets of login credentials. How do you use each one?
SSID and Key/Wireless Password: Used to access and connect to your WiFi network
SSID is the name that will show up on your devices in the list of wireless networks (may have two for dual-band modem/routers)
Key/Wireless Password is the password you will enter on your devices to connect securely to your network
These default settings can also be customized in the modem settings or through the app
Admin Username and Admin Password: Used to log in to your modem settings portal
Access secure settings such as firmware updates, WiFi security, schedules, and more
When connected to your home network, go to http://192.168.0.1 to access the portal (also called the GUI)
These default settings can also be customized in the modem settings
4. Select the Advanced Setup icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Website Blocking" in the left sidebar.
6. Follow the steps to edit the Website Blocking settings.
Step 1: Select the device you want to schedule from the dropdown list, or manually enter the device's IP address.
Step 2: Enter the website(s) you want to block. You can add multiple sites, one at a time, and they will appear on the "Blocked Website List" at the bottom. You can also click to "Remove" a blocked site from the list.
Step 3: When you're finished adding or removing websites, click "Apply" to save your changes.