1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
3. Log in to your modem's online user interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the modem's sticker. Note that these are different from your wireless SSID and security key.
4. Select "Modem Status."
5. Select "Wireless Status" in the menu on the left sidebar.
6. Select "2.4 GHz" or "5 GHz" according to your modem's wireless network setup.
7. On this screen you can view the current "Channel" and compare it to the "Best Available Channel." If you are not on the best channel, you can change the WiFi channel in the "Radio Setup" area of the Wireless Settings menu.