1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
3. Log in to the modem's online user interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the modem's sticker. Note that these are different from your wireless SSID and security key.
4. Select "Wireless Setup."
5. Select "5 GHz" in the left sidebar.
6. Select "Radio Setup."
8. Select the desired wireless channel width.
9. Select a wireless power level (from 25% to 100%). The optimal power level depends on your environment.
10. Select a 802.11 mode.
11. Select "Apply" to save your changes.
An overview of the 5 GHz channel will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.