We no longer support this browser. For an optimal experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Look up a ZIP code (USPS)
The "Radio Setup" section of your modem's wireless setup allows you to change the wireless channel, power level, 802.11 mode, spatial streams, aggregation, and MIMO power save.
Note: Your modem settings may appear slightly different from the images below, but the steps will be the same.
1. Connect a device to your network over WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem. This works best on a tablet or computer.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Sign in to the modem settings (GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password, printed on the sticker.
Find the Admin Username & Password on the modem sticker
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
CAUTION! Do not remove your modem sticker. It includes your default Admin Username and Admin Password, which cannot be retrieved if lost. Your modem could become unusable without them.
4. Select Wireless Setup in the main menu.
5. Select "5 GHz" in the left sidebar.
6. Select "Radio Setup."
7. Select a channel, from 1 to 11. Learn how to check your modem's wireless status for the best available channel.
8. Select the desired wireless channel width.
9. Select a wireless power level (from 25% to 100%). The optimal power level depends on your environment.
10. Select a 802.11 mode.
11. Select "Apply" to save your changes.
An overview of the 5 GHz channel will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
View all Modem/Router topics
Internet Speed Test
Find Available Services
Did you find the help you were looking for today?
About Lumen | About CenturyLink | Careers | Investor Relations | Newsroom | Legal | Privacy Notice | Tariffs | Customers with Disabilities | Site Map | Cookie Settings | CenturyLink in Your Area | CenturyLink.net | Quantum Fiber in Your Area | White/Yellow Pages | Centurylink Retailer
Residential | Small Business | Enterprise | ©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.
Customers with Disabilities
CenturyLink in Your Area
Quantum Fiber in Your Area
©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.