The "Configuration Save" utility in your modem's user interface allows you to save and restore your custom modem settings. If you previously saved your settings in a file on your computer using this tool, here's how to restore those settings to your modem.
NOTE: Depending on your model, your modem's user interface may appear slightly different from the images below.
1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Log in to the modem's settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password. Note that these are different from your wireless network name (SSID) and WiFi password (security key).
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
4. Select the Utilities icon in the main menu.
5. Select "Configuration Save" in the left sidebar menu.
6. Select "Upload File."
7. Select "Choose File," then browse to the folder location on your computer where you previously saved the file.
8. Locate the backup file you saved earlier and select "Open." (In the example image, the file is named "model#-Config-date")
9. Select "Apply." Wait 3-5 minutes for the modem's internet light to turn green, then open a browser and visit a webpage. If the internet light doesn't turn green, visit the modem lights guide for solutions.