We no longer support this browser. For an optimal experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Look up a ZIP code (USPS)
The "Configuration Save" option in your modem's Utilities menu allows you to save and later restore your custom modem settings. Here's how to save your settings to a file on your computer.
Note: Your modem settings may appear slightly different from the images below, but the steps will be the same.
1. Connect a device to your network over WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem. This works best on a tablet or computer.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Sign in to the modem settings (GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password, printed on the sticker.
Find the Admin Username & Password on the modem sticker
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
CAUTION! Do not remove your modem sticker. It includes your default Admin Username and Admin Password, which cannot be retrieved if lost. Your modem could become unusable without them.
4. Select Utilities in the main menu.
5. Select Configuration Save in the left sidebar.
6. Select Download and save the file to your computer, in a location you can find later. You will use this file to restore your settings when you're ready.
7. You can now reset your modem to its original settings, if needed. After performing the reset, you will be able to restore your settings using the file you saved in the above steps.
View all Modem/Router topics
Internet Speed Test
Find Available Services
Did you find the help you were looking for today?
About Lumen | About CenturyLink | Careers | Investor Relations | Newsroom | Legal | Privacy Notice | Tariffs | Customers with Disabilities | Site Map | Cookie Settings | CenturyLink in Your Area | CenturyLink.net | Quantum Fiber in Your Area | White/Yellow Pages | Centurylink Retailer
Residential | Small Business | Enterprise | ©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.
Customers with Disabilities
CenturyLink in Your Area
Quantum Fiber in Your Area
©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.