We no longer support this browser. For an optimal experience, we recommend updating your browser.
Look up a ZIP code (USPS)
The Wireless Diagnostics tool gives you insights into your WiFi network, including WiFi channels available, specific devices, and access points.
1. Connect a device to your network over WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem. This works best on a tablet or computer.
2. Open a web browser and type http://192.168.0.1 into the web address field.
3. Sign in to the modem settings (GUI) using your Admin Username and Admin Password, printed on the sticker.
Find the Admin Username & Password on the modem sticker
You can find the Admin Username and Password printed on the sticker attached to the side, back or bottom of the modem.
CAUTION! Do not remove your modem sticker. It includes your default Admin Username and Admin Password, which cannot be retrieved if lost. Your modem could become unusable without them.
4. Select Utilities in the main menu.
5. Select Wireless Diagnostics in the left sidebar.
6. Select a Wireless Tool from the dropdown menu. The list of diagnostic tools varies from model to model, so your particular router may not offer all of the options listed below.
Click on the menu options below to see screenshots and details.
The client table shows you a list of devices connected to your WiFi network.
AP Scans show you the access points (AP) near you, specific to either the 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz wireless frequency.
Client Diagnostics gives you data specific to each device connected to your WiFi network. This is helpful when one device is having WiFi problems.
Channel Analysis gives you data about available WiFi channels, including non-WiFi noise, noise from other access points, total channel noise, and channel rank. This can help you choose and set the optimal channel.
View all Modem/Router topics
Internet Speed Test
Find Available Services
Did you find the help you were looking for today?
About Lumen | About CenturyLink | Careers | Investor Relations | Newsroom | Legal | Privacy Notice | Tariffs | Customers with Disabilities | Site Map | Cookie Settings | CenturyLink in Your Area | CenturyLink.net | Quantum Fiber in Your Area | White/Yellow Pages | Centurylink Retailer
Residential | Small Business | Enterprise | ©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.
Customers with Disabilities
CenturyLink in Your Area
Quantum Fiber in Your Area
©2023 CenturyLink. All Rights Reserved.