1. Connect a device, such as a computer or tablet, to the internet through WiFi or using an Ethernet cable connected to your modem.
3. Log in to your modem's online settings interface (Modem GUI) using your Administrator Username and Administrator Password. Unless you have changed the default settings, you can find this information on the modem's sticker. Note that these are different from your wireless SSID and security key.
4. Select "Wireless Setup."
6. Select "SSID Setup" from the menu on the left sidebar.
7. Select the name of your wireless network (SSID). It's usually the one at the top of the drop-down list.
8. Select "Enable SSID" to activate the network, or "Disable SSID" to deactivate it.
Note: On older models, choose "Broadcast" or "Hide."
9. Enter a custom network name if you want (optional). This can make it easier to find your network when connecting devices to WiFi.
10. Select "Apply" to save your changes.